In his book, “Psychology of the Future”
Stanislav Grof, explains "in
holotropic states, we can transcend the narrow boundaries of the body ego and
reclaim our full identity." Holotropic Breathwork™ assists this process
by inducing a non-ordinary state of consciousness in a safe context, enabling
participants to reconnect with self, others, the natural world, the past, the future, the entire
Cosmos, and with Spirit.
When the body and mind enter a non-ordinary
state of consciousness through controlled breathing, in an appropriate context,
our inner wisdom uses the opportunity to work toward physical, mental, emotional,
and spiritual healing, and developmental change. Holotropic Breathwork™ operates
under the principle that we are our own best healers, in that each of us has an
inner healing mechanism, which can best do its work in non-ordinary states of
potential benefits may include:
- The opportunity to enter non-ordinary
states of consciousness to access healing and insight using a natural,
- experience expanded consciousness.
- experience mystical states.
- tap into more creativity.
- experience physical and emotional
catharsis that can release stress and anxieties, resolve past issues or even heal
traumas – all within in a safe setting.
release emotional or physical symptoms
and unproductive behavior patterns.
- transform the negative side effects of
long-forgotten events buried deep in the unconscious.
- move past stuckness and re-energize your
- alleviate or remove addictions by
restoring one’s sense of purpose and value.
- connect more with deeply or get in
touch with a spiritual essence or “higher power.”
- be supported through a period of
mourning or grieving
- The opportunity for bonding with
others through the group sharing and processing of one’s experiences.
- work through physical illness by
exploring emotional or transpersonal themes associated with the illness.
discover your higher calling or
move on from depression.
- overcome feelings of discouragement,
listlessness, or disorientation.
- gain personal empowerment.
- deepen your capacity to support yourself
and your loved ones.
- The opportunity to deal with themes of
death and surrender which can reduce your ability to live freely and openly.
- access your inner wisdom and intuition.
- know yourself more deeply.
- create a more fulfilling life.
- experience a retreat period of inner
reflection which can provide balance to the often highly structured, active
lives we live.
get in touch with the body and re-associate
what has been dissociated, including feelings of pleasure and unfelt,
unresolved thoughts about your body.
- the opportunity to give yourself
permission for sound and movement, which facilitates self-expression and self-trust,
leading to better self-esteem and personal empowerment.
The opportunity for insight,
understanding, and acceptance of accountability for your life.